Take your meditation practice to the next level!
If you have been attending classes at Uma Kadampa Meditation Centre or one of its branches for a while, you would probably enjoy Foundation Programme Classes (FP). It’ a perfect opportunity to deepen your understanding of Buddha’s teachings and learn how put them into practice in your daily life. It ‘s also an opportunity to develop friendships with like-minded people, sharing insights and experiences of the spiritual path.
FP consists of preparatory prayers, guided meditations, commentary to the book being studied and paired and group discussions.
The programme comprises the following five subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
1. The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
2. Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
3. The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary The New Heart of Wisdom
4. Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
5. Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
Our Teacher at Uma KMC is Gen Dema who will give clear explanation as well as encouragement and personal advice on these practical and enlightening books. The teacher at Castle Douglas is Jenny Craig.
For a transcript of Venerable Geshe Kelsang’s inspiring talk about FP please click on this link. If you are interested in doing Foundation Programme by correspondence please ask for more details.
Foundation Programme at Uma KMC is on Sundays from 4 – 5.30pm, then 6 – 7.30pm with time for refreshments in the break. Click here for more details
Foundation Programme at Castle Douglas is on Sundays from 4.30- 8.30 with a half an hour break. Click here for more details
Please call 01228 319344 for more details.